Tokusetsu Fusetsutei

About Tokusetsu Fusetsutei

The IJN called converted small minelayers "Tokusetsu Fusetsutei". Their main task was to lay mines for defence. Eight merchant ships were used as Tokusetsu-fusentei between 1937 and 1945. "Hyuga Maru" and "Kamo Maru" were removed from the navy list before the outbreak of the Pacific War.

Data of Tokusetsu Fusetsutei

Click here!

History of Tokusetsu Fusetsutei

Click each thumbnail! (Sorry Japanese version is only available.)

(Hyuga Maru)

(Kamo Maru)

Kinjo Maru

Choan Maru

Minsei Maru

Takachiho Maru

Urara Maru

Kosei Maru

 

Photo Source:

  1. Hyuga Maru: Kaigun Vol.11. gKaigunh Editorial Committee, Seibun Tosho 1981
  2. Kamo Maru: Bureau of Military Affairs, Navy Department. Kisenhyo (Bessatsu Shashincho). 1938
  3. Kinjo Maru: J. Kimata. Zanzon Teikoku Kantei. Toshoshuppansha 1972
  4. Choan Maru: The Japan Shipping Exchange, Inc. Kaiun Sep 1935
  5. Takachiho Maru: "Australian War Memorial", ID No. 304004
  6. Urara Maru: Sempakubukai "Yokohama". Sempaku Shiko Vol.3
  7. Kosei Maru: Sempakubukai "Yokohama". Sempaku Shiko Vol.17

 

–––––